Allergies are the result from the overreaction by the body’s immune system when in contact with allergens, which are mainly harmless non-parasitic antigens. Allergens, for people suffering with allergies, cause hypersensitivity in the immune system. When the allergen is recognized by the immune system, histamines are created and released by the body in order to fight the allergen off.
The symptoms of allergies are due to the creation of histamines by the body. These include burning, itchy eyes, runny nose, sneezing, coughing, hives, skin rashes, headache, vomiting, cramps and diarrhea. The combination of symptoms and intensity for allergic reactions is experienced differently for each person.
Allergens come in all sizes, shapes and environments. Both environmental and genetic can be the factors of allergies. The mother usually passes inherited allergies and if both parents have allergies, there is even a greater risk to inherit them. Some of the common allergens include, pollen, dust, pet dander and mold. You can also get allergic reactions from foods, spices, insect bites, drug interactions, cosmetics and jewelry. Usually allergens are inhaled through the nose, mouth or eyes as contact is through the air. Read more »
Not only is a massage used for relaxation purposes but also as an alternative treatment for preventing some health conditions. Massage therapy relaxes the body’s tense muscles, eases the mind and rejuvenates the spirt. It also improvess the lymphatic system and blood circulation in the body. Improved blood circulation means that the body’s vital organs are receiving sufficient and properly delivered nutrients.
Some of the benefits of a health massage include:
- improving the immune system by aiding the body in eliminating toxins
- a properly functioning lymphatic system that fights bacteria that causes
- reducing body pains caused by stress and tension such as in the neck, shoulders, back and buttocks
- decrease in fatigue
- better digestion and bowel elimination
- soothing and calming aggressive behaviors, depression, emotional problems and sleep disorders
- faster recovery time after surgery by regenerating muscle tissues Read more »
Whether at the gym or in the comfort of your home, a treadmill workout can help you get fit. Some of the advantages of using a treadmill to get in shape include:
- Easy to use with simple instructions
- Working out at your own pace walking, jogging or running
- Adjustable handlebars to fit your height
- Cushioning to protect your joints and legs from your feet’s impact
- Computerized models to monitor your heart rate
- Convenience as you can even watch tv while working out
There are a variety of treadmills you can choose from to fit your needs and having one at home makes it a lot easier than going to the gym to get a work out. There are even compact ones like a folding treadmill that can easily fit under a bed.
If you are serious about getting fit and looking for fitness equipment for your home gym, then consider a treadmill as it offers health and fitness benefits.